This soup, by far, has been the best chicken soup I have ever HAD and made. Pure deliciousness.
- 1/2 T of coconut oil, or grassfed butter
- 1 chicken breast, free range, skin and bones
- 2 drum sticks, free range, skin on, bones in
- 4 cups, gluten free chicken broth, enough to cover the soup ingredients
- 1/2 tsp garlic, minced, add more if your prefer
- 1/2 yellow onion, add more if you want the soup to be sweeter
- 7 carrots stalks, chopped
- 1 celery heart, ~10 stalks, chopped
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 T rosemary
- 3 bay leaves
- Splash of lemon juice
- sea salt
- Turn slow-cooker on to high. Add coconut oil or butter.
- Add in the garlic and onion and let it heat up and the flavors marry before adding the chicken (5-8 minutes). Place in the chicken.
- Begin chopping and prepping all other ingredients. Add all ingredients, including broth and spcies.
- Change temperature to Low, and cook for 8-10 hours. Remove chicken and once cool enough to touch, remove the bones and shred the meat. Place the meat back into soup mix.
- Stir and then enjoy.
What may be different with this soup than ones you may find on Recipe.com or other quick-and-easy recipe sites? I have included chicken that is organic, free range, in the bone, skin on. Why? The nutrient density goes up substantially with these components.